Re: new guys

To: john@theromeros.org
Subject: Re: new guys
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:17:28 -0800
John,

Welcome to the list...Two things to remember that will help keep it
together...RETARD the timing (2 degrees for each 50 HP is the rule of
thumb) and be sure that the mixture is right on the basic engine before
you hit the button. A Nitrous System that is properly set up is not
dangerous if your engine is built strong.

Our car has made many passes with nitrous...alky was the basic fuel, and
the companion fuel for the nitrous also. Just the way we happened to do
it! I have never had a problem because of the nitrous, it has always
been the basic setup that has bitten me, and I'm a guy who loses pistons
running straight alky.

We haven't run nitrous since 2000 when we went to the gas class, but I
am seriously thinking about installing nitrous on our new motor ... just
never satisfied with the status quo...

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC