Flywheel Shield/Hood Hold Downs

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel Shield/Hood Hold Downs
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:39:41 -0800
Ok guys, I'm getting down to the short strokes with the Mitsubishi F/P/MP. I
pulled out my sample Inspection Sheet from last year and started down the
list..... What about the Flywheel Shield? The sheet says 1/4 inch steel or
"approved equivalent", it's a 5 Speed Tranny and I was under the impression
the Bell Housing provided that protection. Do I need supplementary
protection? And Hood Hold downs? am I to assume the production safety catch
is not worthy and need those pins and clips protruding thru the hood?

this is only 2 of the 17 items in the checklist I've classified as needing
attention. I think I've already answered the other 15 (yeah, right) is there
any other "more" comprehensive list the inspectors use I should know about?

Mike M.