Re: non lsr-Family Friendly Wendover

To: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>,
Subject: Re: non lsr-Family Friendly Wendover
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:33:26 -0700
on 3/19/04 6:55 PM, Tom Shannon at saltfevr@xmission.com wrote:

> Quoting Want1937hd@aol.com:
>
>> In a message dated 3/18/04 10:27:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>> saltfevr@xmission.com writes:
>>
>>> New York based developer desires to add family fun to West Wendover.
>>> http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Mar/03152004/utah/utah.asp
>>>
>>> Tom Shannon
>>> Magna, Utah
>>
>> Tom, Do you have any idea what 6,400 acres sell for out there? Bob in
>> connecticut
>>
> Bob: Not real sure. Yes, 6400 acres could build a nice "lost city".Somthin'
> tells me this ain't "The Loisianna Purchase". Wester any ideas bud ??
>
> Tom Shannon
> Magna, Utah

Tom,

Because of the difference in corporate taxes in Nevada as compared to other
states, Utah in particular, I'm guessing the purchase price of that land is
not the issue with the buyer.  It's not going to be $50 an acre like it was
some years back.  However, I'm sure that the infrastructure improvements for
water, sewage, electricity and roads will far exceed the cost of the land
and that's the reason they bought where they did.  The location of the
existing golf course has to be part of it too.  If they REALLY wanted to put
in simply a family friendly resort it could have just as easily been on the
Utah side of the border where it would have been more than welcome and they
would have had some tax concessions.  The difference is the lack of specific
taxes in Nevada and the profits from gambling that I'm sure will come.  This
may make finding rooms easier for Speedweek but it also may bring a
reluctance to allow all that salt on their carpets as the Stateline has so
recently decided.

One other thing.  If I'm not working on old information, I believe the
former Reillu general manager at their Wendover plant is now the Mayor of
West Wendover.  Wonder how he feels about the racers?

Wes