Re: Oil Viscosity

To: piggy <piggy@accessatc.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Viscosity
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:52:38 -0800
Your comment:
 >i will mix brands if needed and will see no ill results
Brought back some old memories. When I was in the USAF in the late '50s, the
Sergeant in charge of our Motor Pool explained that the idea "Don't mix
brands"
was BS. He was in Korea in 1951 and they had problems with the new
"Detergent" oils. The additive packages were incompatible. The White House
even got involved and pressured the oil companies to make absolutely sure
that all oils would be completely compatible with each other, for the good
of America and to support our Boys in Korea.
That's why a quart of A will mix just as well with a quart of B, as it will
with another quart of A.

Bryan