Re: Gear Ratio Formula (part 1)

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, "3liter"
Subject: Re: Gear Ratio Formula (part 1)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:27:42 -0600
246.555 mph record.... Yep the Data acq backs that up... no wheel slip in
the higher gears...

Dave and I played with the Tire altitude to determine what the wheel sensors
gave us for MPH.... so I'm not as comfortable with it giving me the exact
MPH... ( It absolutely would if we were perfectly accurate )  The wheels
speed sensors did provide tire slip comparison thou.

tire X Rpm divided by 336 divided by the final drive gear = MPH

 experience tells me it's the simplest quickest bestest way to get the job
done...

As for Motor comsumption... we never did anything less then try our best...
No Compliants here!!!

K ( everything else is fun... might be more accurate... but it's going to be
within a Mph or two... best case )