RE: Gear Ratio Formula (Part 1)

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: RE: Gear Ratio Formula (Part 1)
From: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:44:00 -0800
Tom:
Thank you...Thank you. You and I are both using the same formula...the
constant is 168. Others use a constant of 336(which requires a
diameter). The discussion generally indicates they are both accurate
enough to get the job done. It seems like us old guys (using drag racing
math from the 60's) like the 168 constant and these young "kids" like
the 336 constant. :-)
-Elon