Re: HEADS UP: Highly Modified Vehicles on TV Tuesday Eve .....

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: HEADS UP: Highly Modified Vehicles on TV Tuesday Eve .....
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:56:51 -0400
>  ......One of my favorites
> I'm anxious to see is the One Wheeler with the smallblock and the rider
> " inside the wheel ": quite a piece of engineering that I think was at
> El Mirage at least once, and maybe even got to the Salt ( or maybe its'
> little brother with a motorcycle engine ? )

Kerry McLean's monocycles have been a regular at World of Speed for a
while now.  He run's 'em on the 130-Club course -- where I was
starter-for-a-day last fall, and got to not only start him in all three
that he had there (Buick V-6, snowmobile engine, small (two-cyl, I
think) four-stroke), but also sit in at least one.  Cris Shearer's WoS
2003 video shows the "vehicles" a couple of times.  He didn't get much
over 40 mph in any of them, I think -- but at least one is street-legal
and wears a Michigan license plate.  He's got a website about 'em, too
-- don't remember the url right now.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan