Re: Bonneville 1954

To: "Tom Shannon" <saltfevr@xmission.com>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville 1954
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:40:00 -0700
Tom & Tom, & list
The picture on the right showing Jack Stecker in the modified roadster is
owned by Bob Fugatt Sr. It had Steckers engine in it. This is the same car I
drove for Bob in 1957 with Joe Maillards Chrys. My 1st 200 run was in this
car. Broke the crank taching about 217 mph on the run. The car was driven by
Leroy Neumeyer and others in the early days. I also dorve it at the drags
and set a record at San Fernando Drag strip with a flat head. The car is now
in Jim Lattins museum. AH! the memories of the 50s on the salt and dry
lakes.
Glen