Maxton

To: <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:42:56 -0500
Well it seems a good time was had by all...  Those dang Maine boys came down
with Sam Sampsons " She Bad too" and I think the whole state of Maine got a
lic. in the car...  and two folks from Conneticutt... they also brought thier
C3 Corvette..  I don't think any group racing at Maxton has had more fun....

Yeah Peter from Canada had an incident with his roadster... best we all could
figure he had some bolts back out of his rear panhard bar and lost control
just after the 3/4 mile.... the front was hurt but the basic car wasn't hurt
to bad...

The Greatest thing about this whole gig is that Everything worked as
advertized.... I'd done his bail out and set up his arm restraints... our
Starter checked his belts and grabbed the extra inch or so of play.... and
Peter had one really small bruise on his arm Period....   We may not enjoy all
the rules... but again this was a case of everything working exactly like it
was supposed to.

We were very short handed with Joe, Todd, Susan and Murf not being there...
but we got thru it... might be some issues with what we actually did... but we
have a perfect example of why it's so critical to document all of the duty
positions and have a script for the next volunteer to do the job.

Great weather.. and a great time.. but we didn't get home until the Weeee
hours of the morning.... and now it's time to go to work... whew... what a
weekend... so much for a kick back weekend racing.

Keith & Tonya ( no she didn't spell check this )