Re: Mod Sports part 2

To: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: Mod Sports part 2
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <lsr128@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:58:56 -0700
Good info Dan. Personally, I would like to see a class "in between" the now
pretty radical MS sports class (extended WB, any engine, extensive
streamlining forward of the cowl, chopping, channelling, belly pan,  purple
firesuits allowed etc.) and the GT class. My personal desires would be to
allow fuel in GT.  Example, an  /FGT class instead of a bump directly into
MS. Heck, I'd even enjoy the old 2-engine class bump rule rather than have
to compete with the sportsliners. Think hemi in a Corvette? We already allow
engines that were never offered by the factory in the GT class, so that's
not really a stretch. I personally think the GT class should still adhere to
the stock-body rule, - It is very constraining as to what modifications can
be made (like, NONE) but that is a good thing. Class rules were written to
preserve the idea of "showroom stock", but at the same time not restraining
an imaginative competitor by giving him/her a "modified" class. How about an
Altered Sports class which allows MINOR modifications, and fuel in all
production classes? (This is the part where Dan pulls out his hair because
580 car classes is enough ;-)   )  Enuf of my rambling............
Ed