head bolts

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: head bolts
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:43:51 -0400
   so I'm bolting the heads on my engine and being the dumbass that I am I
used the headbolts that I bought new last year that were on the engine
instead of getting new ones because they were ARPs- annnnnd I snapped one
off in the block at 70lbs of torque, buuuuuuuuuuut, the end that broke off
was above the deck and unscrewed easily so no damage to the engine or head-
BIG SIGH OF RELIEF !!!!!! Lesson learned - ego put in place once again-end
of story-how's things elsewhere in the world with everyone?
                                                  Scott