RE: head bolts

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: head bolts
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:52:33 -0500
Scott;

If you look at the broken end carefully with a magnifying glass you can
tell how it failed. There are recognizable patterns that indicate
fatigue, over- torque, and tension failures.

I've heard rumors of ARP quality control problems in the past year or so
but it could have failed because of other reasons.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ