I got tubed!

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: I got tubed!
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <lsr128@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:33:29 -0700
Well, the mail lady just dropped off my tube. Sounds like somebody in Cal is
listening - both caps were taped securely with 2" clear tape, BUT, the tube
was crushed and one cap dangling in the wind like an Alabama muffler. The
patch, pin & decal were stuffed into the rule book, which was wedged in the
tube, and all survived! I guess the story here is no matter how well SCTA
packs the tubes, they are no match for the REAL professionals at the US Mail,
which have a long, distinguished tradition of postal mutilation.
Ed