M/T Tires ?????

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: M/T Tires ?????
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:50:59 -0700
List,

I'm interested in the M/T tire question because ----
When I started going to Bonneville ('72) I noticed that tires were
discussed frequently.
I noticed cars running 10-20 year old Indy tires  and Freestones and
M/T's from the '60's.
The 18" Freestones were considered OK as long as only 1 or 2 layers of
cord were
worn through. I heard story's about different ways of preserving tires,
one guy sounded
like he spent more time and money caring for his tires that his car. It
must have worked
because he had a new looking set of Freestone Indy tires that were 20
years old.

Sooo...
What's the latest news/rumors about M/T tires?

Thanks folks,
Bryan