Re: Potentiometers...and flight

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Potentiometers...and flight
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:04 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/04 11:54:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:
Might sound like I'm out tricking myself again... but honestly I don't want a
repeat of Seth's deal when it's a simple matter of taking the time to do the
measurements...
Keith, I would be the first to agree that this information is important
but.......I think many times when you step over the line your over the line. To
use
Dave's own words we don't get enough time on the salt as it is. So are you
only going to run 246 on your first run. Then what 247, 250, 255? I'm not
knocking it, it needs to be done but when you change engine classes or go to
supercharging I'm just not sure all this happens a little at a time. Earl
Wooden had
tell tale signs of what caused his problems before the crash of the Crosley
but did not regester it untill it was too late.  We get to the salt and we need
to run. Agian I'm saying it needs to be done. The best to you. Get that gal in
the 2 club.
Mike