Re: Potentiometers...? ( who cares how it's spelled )

To: "ENGINE SYSTEMS" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Potentiometers...? ( who cares how it's spelled )
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:24:02 -0700
Ouch Dave!!!! I understand what your doing, I was just putting a little
humor into it for the group. As for my trans we are planning on running the
1.20 off the truck up no more than 4000 rpm and sticking it in 1.1 as fast
as possible. With that big gear, 32" tires and  80% in the tank I want it
pull itself with it's 4" stroke and not ever break loose the tires just like
last year. The only option will be if it quits pulling like it did on me my
son will yank it into the .96 overdrive.that should be at the 4 mile sign at
about 215mph.

> It is cheaper to datalog the run and figure out what went wrong or needs
to be changed to find some more speed than it is to put 100 passes on the
car and wonder what to do. It is good to see you acknowledge the need for a
transmission though. i can remember when you thought they were not needed
and 1 or 2 gears was more than enough. Data acquisition is like a dyno for
the car. Every time you run it you learn something and there is no opinion
involved as to how it did or what it did.we are attempting to work a car up
in speed to some fairly serious numbers and want to make sure it will not
fly when we get there. We also don't want to crank in so much down force
that the tires or suspension has problems either.I assume you run a couple
of gages in your car. How many can you read at once? And remember what they
read at what point in the run and what their relationship to each other was?