CG computations

To: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: CG computations
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:03:09 -0500
Elon I've covered this before... but for the sake of argument I'll do it
again...

There is fore and aft Center of Gravity and Lateral CG...

To do it mathmatically... first establish a point at the nose of the car and
then scale each wheel....

The distance in inches from the nose is called the arm... if you multiply
those inches times the weight of the wheel you come up with what's called a
moment... once you have figured all of the moments and added them up... you
divide that number by the total wieght and come up with the center of
gravity of the vehicle.... ( which is in fact the point at which your round
bar would have to be placed to make the car pivot freely )

Later CG is important ... but not near as critical.