2nd tube

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 2nd tube
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:05:17 -0500
      YES!!! the second tube has shown up. Amazingly, it showed up the very
next day after a phone call to inquire about it, having gotten an empty
tube three weeks before. I was VERY impressed by the quick reply to my
complaint.
      However, all this second tube contains is the poster, which is more
than the first tube had in it. I have called in again to SCTA for a
re-replacement tube.
        Somebody else tell them that this method of mailing does NOT work,
seems if I do it, it will take even longer, and I'll probably end up not
getting it until next January. So I still do not have a rule book that was
paid for more than 6 months ago, with only 5 weeks to go until Speed Week.
I will probably again hear from a car guy telling me that he just
got/didn't get HIS rule book, disregarding the fact that the car rule
changes were posted back in february, and saying nothing of the issues with
the motorcycle rules that get very short shift here on this forum.
       Now I realize that the entire concept of LSR is based on volunteers,
I also know that given the amount of mailings SCTA does, that there will be
a bell curve of satisfied and unsatisfied customers, and that I, for what
ever reason, fell onto the edge of the bell curve this year. I admit to
receiving my goodies, rule book etc,  in a more timely manner in past
years. I also admit to having had some great times on the Salt, with due
respect and thanks, to the volunteers who made it possible.
      So the facts of my sarcastic rantings here, is to blow off steam,
kinda in the same way you guys here post about your triumphs, and goofups.
You guys (and ladies, yes yes) should understand the intense dedication
that is required to compete, and so my criticism of something that is
affecting ME is needed.

           John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
            Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                  Bonneville Salt Flats
           H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                  144.396 MPH set 2000
       MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                     95.193 MPH set 2001
                 Antarctic Ice Driller Oct02-Jan03