Center of pressure

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Center of pressure
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:52:17 -0400
My copy of Theory Of Wing Sections says the cp of symetrical air foils is  23%
to 25% from the nose - An aeronautical engineer I consult with who is race car
savy says the cp of a streamliner without a tail fin is at 15% - With a tail
fin it must be at 25% to 40% depending on the size of the fin - Makes you
wonder if it's even possible to get the cg ahead of the cp on any lsr car -
Seems like it breakes down to lateral traction vs aero forces - It shows why
aero lift is so bad .