Differentia;s. . the real difference

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Differentia;s. . the real difference
From: Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:32:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
The pros and cons on Ford 9 inch vs. Ford 8.8 inch. 8.8 is lighter weight,
correct? Is it lighter than a Strange aluminum center section? 9 inch has a
tremendous number of ratios available especially if you go to Grib's site.
What's available for 8.8 that is good for LSR?

I need a fairly beefy differential for my Triumph TR8. My Buick/Rover/Triumph
engine will eat the stock one up besides no availability of lower gear ratios.

Bob Denton