Texas Results...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Texas Results...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:09:51 -0500
    Wow... finally home... this weekend was about as good as setting a record
at Bonneville last year... ( okay maybe that's stretching it a bit )

Perfect weather... ( if you call roiling HOT perfect )  the course there is
amazing.... with an amazingly short shut down... ( I'm sure David will have a
bit more on that later )... we did experience a minor chute failure which
required the use of his superior driving skills... ( okay, here... you get to
use your imagination... surfice it to say we did keep racing so it wasn't Too
Bad )

Results... David's best Saturday Pass..... 200.127mph...First car over 200 at
the Texas Mile,  then I got in the car and ran 205 mph.... ( Second person in
a car in the Texas Two Club )

Sooo Sunday morning we stuck in the booster seat and Tonya crawled in the hot
rod....David sorted out a fuel problem and swapped in some air bleeds....
first pass... some idiot messed up on the tach and rev chip setting's...(
quiet out there... I don't want to hear it ).... second pass she got an oil
light during her 3/4 shift and shut it down...

Here is where something really special happened....  We were burning the
limited time we had in Texas playing with Tonya... and I really wanted David
to get some more seat time... but he wouldn't even consider her not
continuing... I gave him every possible reason he should get back in the car
with the correct tune up... but he just wouldn't hear of it...  any way....
she went out there and clicked off a 208.914 ( third person in a car in the
Texas Two club and first female with the fastest car time yet )

Then David got back in the car for our last hail mary pass ( his last
statement to me was... my mantra..." this pass isn't that important ".... I
really want everyone to hear his opinion of that pass... I've never seen him
so excited or absolutely pleased with the results of the effort we all put
in...  The result was an astonishing 213.442 mph...  The poor Camaro had to be
stunned... it's never had that kind of hp ever... It's also never looked
better.... with Hot Rod's influence the car's had some incredible work done to
it by some great folks in a Very short period of time...

General information can be found at the www.texasmile.com ...once the girls
get it updated.

Keith