Re: Bonneville

To: land speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonneville
From: Katie Cortez <drylakercr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:45:01 -0700
We are also at home, as I explained earlier because my 3 month old daughter
is just too sensitive to the heat still. Next year we'll have her and her
now 2 yr. old sister "Garmen" out there in their SPF 45 sunsuits and we'll
be good to go.

I've talked with my dad each day and he and the rest of the Keith & Katie
Young team are having a great time. Yesterday he ran 215; he says he's
getting reacquainted with the car again since I drove it all last year and
most of the time the year before. He did say it felt great to be behind the
wheel of the modified roadster again and that Lee Kennedy met him at the
return road. Lee raced down to meet the roadster as it pulled off the
course. Then as he saw my dad pull off the helmet he cried out, "Damn! I
thought it was Katie. I wanted to see her!" It's nice to be missed!

I look forward to my return to the salt. I love driving either of our cars
and visiting with all of my friends there.

Hopefully, all of us that had to stay home will meet up there again next
year! And, until then I guess I'll be happy with the nightly updates from
dad and the SCTA-BNI website.

Take care all!

:-) Katie Young Cortez a.k.a. Land Speed Mama, as my principal now calls me!