Bonneville

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonneville
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:41:10 EDT
I was on The Salt Sunday aft through Tuesday, leaving far earlier due to
both personal reasons and my companions' business commitments than we'd have
liked.That being said, I had an experience that exceeded the hype of all the
years I've waited to finally get there. The people,the machinery, the
geography,
and the acres of goose pimples when ever something nasty this way comes. I
got  to talk with a few of my formerly cyber-heroes, either at thier pits,at
the
Salt  Talks ( patries were GREAT !) , or just hanging out under the canopy at
the Red  Flame. For those of you I didn't meet,I was the guy with the two
asian guys  asking all the weird questions. We took a lot of video, stills, and
notes. We  are totally educated on many issues, and totally over-informed on
others .  I can only imagine what it would be like to come to compete having
never been  here before, and will feel much more comfortable next year when  we
return with The Green Car .
According to my 2004 Official program, the Streamliner being discussed is  #
3535, owned and driven by Dean C. Johnson. It's a 183 ci Ford powered  1960
Bug -Eye Sprite running time only.
Again, sorry I missed the guys I've talked with on-line, see ya next year  !
Bob,Bobbyville,Wanner