RE: Disputed Record - Class Change

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Land-Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Disputed Record - Class Change
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:08:00 -0500
Keith,

For whatever it's worth, I can only chip in with my personal experience. In
2002 we did a class change on the truck from A/PP to B/PP with an engine
swap. I believe that during the paperwork process we were told at the
Registration trailer that we would need a new number. Since 1527 was
available, it was easy to add the 1 with a piece of tape. As green as I was
in '02 (not to mention '04), if they hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known
to request another number. In the final analysis since we didn't set a
record, it didn't really matter.

I really feel for you and Ted.

However, I was also encouraged to hear that GM couldn't run the Cobalt in a
production class since they havn't actually sold any yet. I prefer that the
rules and procedures are clearly spelled out and then applied fairly to
everyone.

I know you'll go fast next time, and nobody can take away the rush that Ted
got on his passes down the salt. After qualifying on our 190 record with a
198.3 pass, I had to remind myself to get happy about the record and not be
bummed out by missing a lousy 1.7 mph. Regardless of the record, the ride is
still a blast.

Jim Webb
jimwebb@nutsracing.com
Chock Full o' Nuts