Re: Re: Susps.-ect., ect.

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Susps.-ect., ect.
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:17:45 -0500
KT---not thought to be pig headed---I was much more intrested in hearing your
"body thoughts" for I was sure you guys were begining to "ponder" such things---

It will be intresting to see how much the angle of attack affects the down
force---pls keep us posted --and my hat is off to you guys for sharing the
info---it gives us currently no instrumentd ROOKIES things to ponder and plan
for---a grate big THANKS  wmts

> From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
> Date: 2004/09/06 Mon PM 12:28:30 CDT
> To: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>,  <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Susps.-ect., ect.
>
> couple of interesting thoughts.... going to no suspension isn't an option
> spark... and I guess this is where you get to see me get pig headed...  If
> we have that much downforce on the nose due to the shape of the body...
> we'll just change the body to decrease the downforce...
>
> This was one of our topic's of discussion while we were still out there...
> how do we start spoiling the downforce without significantly increasing the
> cd or frontal area of the car... and the answer is to start taking angle of
> attack out of the car...  Two ways that can happen... first a smaller tire
> on the back and secondly a higher body position on the nose....
>
> The downside is that we are going to start letting more air under the car...
> again we can control that air with a diffuser or side skirts... but it's a
> whole new set of problems...
>
> Great fun and wonderful food for thought as I head out to the shop to putter
> on the car... trying to get a tail section built for the hood scoop... and a
> headrest fairing ...

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211