ANOTHER Type of Racing Contaminated by MONEY ???

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: ANOTHER Type of Racing Contaminated by MONEY ???
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:15:27 EDT
       WHAT'S THIS ???   Fuel Checks On Racing Pigeons ???
 Let's All be Thankful Land Speed Racing Remains an Amatuer Sport
      and Hobby ...... I SPOTTED THIS IN A NEWS CLIP TODAY.......
      Sort of Funny, but also a Sad Commentary on Some People
                               and Their Greed :

     Britain's pigeon racing authority says the fleet-winged birds
should be held to the same lofty drug free standards as their
human counterparts. Therefore, the Royal Pigeon Racing
Association has started drug testing pigeon droppings within
24 hours of races, The Sun reported Thursday.
    "Like any other sport we suspect a small, determined band of
cheats is spoiling things for others," RPRA General Manager
Peter Bryant told the newspaper. So far, only about 15 dope
dropping tests have been performed and all have been nega-
tive, he said.
However, results on about a dozen more are still outstanding.
Pigeon racing can net owners thousands of dollars in cash
and luxury prizes, The Sun said.

                   WOW !!!  Who'da THUNK IT ???
                                    Bruce