Rules and Questions..

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rules and Questions..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:32:21 -0700
The question wizard is back! Sitting here thinking and reading the 2003 rule
book (will get 2004 soon, I promise) and a couple of things caught my
attention.

The first is 3.R which states that all non braided cooling hoses must have
metal clamps at each connection. Ok, now that seems pretty straight forward,
but... what about the AN hose ends which use barbed fittings for non braided
hoses? Aeroquip is a good example. They are made in a manner which uses no
clamping other than the barbed end. So do I have to put a worm gear clamp on
each and every hose that uses an AN fitting but is not a braided hose?

The next one is 3.S. It has a statement that reads: "All traction bars and
trailing links shall have a metal sling near the attaching point with a
minimun of 1/4" diameter." Ok, now, 4 link suspensions are trailing link
types. Do they have to have the safety restraint to catch the lower link in
case the forward heim fitting fails? I assume this is all to prevent the
link from digging into the salt and pole vaulting the car over the finish
line. I know ladder bar links for drag racing have the extra safety loop
arounf the attach point, but I do not believe that I have every seen one on
a 4 link. Anybody done this> and Iffn so, send me a pix so I know how to do
it? Is it required?

mayf, out in Pahrump