Re: Rules and Questions..

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rules and Questions..
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:20:30 -0500
Mayf,  Hose clamps on ALL non braided hoses --AN barb type not with standing...

Four link and the "Track Bar" that faces forward must have cable or straps to
catch them and Keep them from digging in and POLE VAULTING the car if something
brakes---

had issues in inspection with several cars at speed week with these two issues
wmts

> From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
> Date: 2004/09/11 Sat PM 02:32:21 CDT
> To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Rules and Questions..
>
> The question wizard is back! Sitting here thinking and reading the 2003 rule
> book (will get 2004 soon, I promise) and a couple of things caught my
> attention.
>
> The first is 3.R which states that all non braided cooling hoses must have
> metal clamps at each connection. Ok, now that seems pretty straight forward,
> but... what about the AN hose ends which use barbed fittings for non braided
> hoses? Aeroquip is a good example. They are made in a manner which uses no
> clamping other than the barbed end. So do I have to put a worm gear clamp on
> each and every hose that uses an AN fitting but is not a braided hose?
>
> The next one is 3.S. It has a statement that reads: "All traction bars and
> trailing links shall have a metal sling near the attaching point with a
> minimun of 1/4" diameter." Ok, now, 4 link suspensions are trailing link
> types. Do they have to have the safety restraint to catch the lower link in
> case the forward heim fitting fails? I assume this is all to prevent the
> link from digging into the salt and pole vaulting the car over the finish
> line. I know ladder bar links for drag racing have the extra safety loop
> arounf the attach point, but I do not believe that I have every seen one on
> a 4 link. Anybody done this> and Iffn so, send me a pix so I know how to do
> it? Is it required?

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211