Re: Timing

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Timing
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:42:57 -0700
I've heard several reasons Larry. The one I buy is, The engine is setup
to produce max HP
in the mid range to get a good 60 foot time. Compression and advance
that works in the
mid range can be a bit much at the top end with a warm-hot engine so the
timing is retarded a bit.

If your pistons will stand the heat of lean - best HP for for 1.4
second, then you can lean it out
for the last 1.3 seconds of your run.

Also you can run just enough oil in the pan so that 100 feet from the
finish the pan goes dry
and frees up the power required to run the pump.

Larry, all of these tricks are useful only at the drag's.

That's my opinion anyway,
Bryan