Re: Last Week's News --- Minnesota Speed Record( public highway

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Last Week's News --- Minnesota Speed Record( public highway
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:50:23 EDT
           Right, Tom ..... I thought of Slim, too, at first reading that
Than I thought, Naaaah, but maybe he knows the guy and tuned his bike !
           Not many true hardcore racers do that stuff on public roads after
running at the drags, oval and roadcourse events, or the Top Speed venues.
          Most of us do have to admit to a whole lot of street racing in our
early years, though ....... I believe organized racing events smarten
most of us up to the very real dangers of racing on public highways ........
there are far more than enough really bad or outright terrible drivers on our
roads without doing anything to increase your chances of trouble out there !!!
        That closed highway thing in Nevada that Ed V. runs at sure does look
like a great challenge as well as tremendous thrills, however !!!
        Even there, I recall seeing on TV a guy in a Ferrari going off the
road
with a fatality resulting ....... either himself, or his wife / girlfriend
not sure which .
         Keeping It On the RaceTrack Is Really The Way To FLY ........
                     BDF, only HALF-Fast these days !!!
         Great 72* Fall day here in eastern Connecticut
             ......( the other end from my pal Bob Swanson )