Sept. 25 at ECTA

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sept. 25 at ECTA
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:47:41 -0400
Hi folks, some here may be interested to hear that my brother Tom and I
took the '32 Ford roadster with my new 4-71 Ardun to the meet last
weekend.  Those who read BRN will have seen the stories on it.
It was run in XXF/BFR using the fuel known as "100LL".  This is a
low-bucks engine with stock 4" Mercury crank and 29A rods on
full-floating Ford cad-silver bearings, and Ross forged Flathead pistons
for a compression around 7 to 1.  This pumps 125 psi on a compression
test with the original Isky Crossflow steel Ardun track cam.

The weather was beautiful and three runs were made, with a best time of
143.38288 mph for the standing mile.  No mechanical malfunctions
occurred, and on returning home and dumping the oil, no water was found
in it; always a key item with the Ardun.  The jetting Hilborn
recommended proved to be right on the money.  BH