Re: head restraint systems?

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: head restraint systems?
From: "Tom Shannon" <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:13:55 -0600
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 2004 05:14:34 -0500

>While watching NHRA the other day I noticed the top fuelers had a 4" tall pad
>around the drivers head.... looked like a nice way to pad the roll cage in an
>open car.
>
>Just curious if anyone had any experience with this type system or if one of
>us knew where to find out more about it?
>
>Thanks...

KT;

Besides the aforementioned Hans Device,a new roll cage shielding revision took
place recently.Since the Darrel Russell crash of late June,NHRA has required
Top Fuel roll cage shielding. NHRA 2004 rule book,page 180,Revised 7/1/04.It
reads as follows:
"All Top Fuel vehicles must have a rear roll cage shroud. Constructed of from
.090 inch titanium and must be shaped to conform to the roll cage. Shroud must
be attached to each of the sidebars with a minimum of three 5/16 grade-8 bolts
per side,and to the rear bars with a minimum two 5/16 grade-8 bolts".

hmmnnn,,new roll cage design for the Berk next yr? Gonna miss 'ya at WF's bud.
Dang, guess I can finish off the extra Diet Cokes.Say howdy to Tawna. Oh yeah,
 little Bonnie too.

Tom Shannon
Magna, UT

SISNA...more service, less money.