RE: AIM digital Dash

To: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: AIM digital Dash
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 05:39:25 -0500
They are completely different products.

The LM-1 is primarily a lambda meter that can do some data logging 4 analog
channels and rpm

The AIM dash is just that a digital dash with 8 meg of logging, interface to
most ECU's used in aftermarket EFI so that you can log what the ecu is doing
and the inputs it is seeing  plus 8 more analog channels 4 speed inputs,1
rpm input internal lateral g sensor with an optional high speed gps can do
track mapping 6 alarm leds programmable shift lights gear detection ....
This is something that you would connect the output of the LM-1 to if you
wanted to have all the engine info in one place. It also has an IR lap
beacon receiver and transmitter that is of no use in LSR and if anyone is
interested I would see if they can delete that from the basic kit as it is
useless in LSR.. It is a very comprehensive product similar to a Motec ADL
dash for a lot less money but with fewer features the most notable being it
can not do internal calculations on the data to create soft channels
although I have them talked into adding a calculated slip channel that can
be displayed or set off a warning light..
Dave