Hood buldges in fiberglass

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hood buldges in fiberglass
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 04:50:48 -0600
Got to thinking about what we did to fix the hood on the Camaro in a day and
figured since things were slow I'd share the technique....

Basically the Supercharger and air tube going to the carb box stood out of the
hood by a few inches.... so we cut out the hood in those areas to allow it to
sit in the normal location.... Then I taped some heavy plastic to the inside
of the hood and put a bit of soft foam on top of the supercharger and set the
hood back on the car.....  Which left us with plastic sticking up thru the
hood.... I then taped another square of plastic on top of the hood on three
sides leaving me a place to  pour some two part foam in between the two....
taped the top shut and held it in place..... when I pulled the plastic off
after the foam set up ( about 5 minutes ).... I had a blob of foam on top of
the hood that fit the supercharger perfectly...  we just filed that down with
a huge wood rasp.... sanded on it some and laid some glass on top of it.....
then I took out all the excess foam from the inside and whalla... instant hood
bulge  one that fits almost to perfectly....( I didn't really add enough
spacer stuff on the supercharger...)

With a little of Bruce's bondo and effort we had a hood in Paint the next
day....( even if it came out of the paint booth at 12 o'clock at night )

Keith ( got the two part seat foam from Tru-choice motorsports )