The Waddell bro's and Maxton...

To: <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>, "LSR List" <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The Waddell bro's and Maxton...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:58:22 -0600
We all talk about the costs associated with racing and how they effect our
efforts..  I know a bunch of very fast low buck people... so money doesn't
necessarily equate to speed... but the very best example I have ever seen is
the Waddell brothers.... they are simply an amazing couple of guys....

For those of you who don't race with the ECTA I thought I'd treat you to their
story....

They showed up at Maxton in the fall of 2000 because they had seen the story
in Hot Rod Magazine about the ECTA and the Camaro... they just wanted to check
the place out...  We met and I felt very responsible for them knowing about
the ECTA in the first place... in other words everytime they came it made me
feel really special...

bottom-line is that they became steady racers with us.. they won the points
championship in 2002 and have played around with a couple of different cars...
a SBC in a Volvo and lately this RX7 with a small block as well...  They
usually ran in the 150-170 mph range and this last meet they just stepped up
and ran just a tick over 200mph putting Larry in the 2 club.... Frank got in
the car but the motor was a little wounded and they didn't quite pull his pass
off.... but they will because they've proved what they can do...

It's been my pleasure to watch them and just wish everyone could have seen the
effort these two have put into racing at this level...... they have had
fires... divorces.. rods coming out of the sides.... so on and so forth.....
never have I seen anyone work harder or be more rewarded for their effort...

Good for them....

Keith