Re: Babs, Seatbelts, etc.

To: "cmpile" <hoxiepoo@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Babs, Seatbelts, etc.
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:50:25 -0500
On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 11:02 AM, cmpile wrote:

>     List -
>
>     What's that? Seatbelts, you say?
>  if they needed seatbelts!
>
>     Chris Pile aka aircap

Back in the late 60's-early 70's, when I was driving cab as my
part-time job while finishing college, I remember fares asking me why I
wore the seat belt -- didn't I think I was a good enough driver to
avoid accidents?

This was in Houghton, Michigan, during the winter -- Houghton is hilly
enough to make San Francisco seem as flat as Kansas, and we got 250 -
300 inches of snow each winter.  Studded snow tires were illegal then
-- we used snow tires with walnut shell chips in 'em.  But that's
another story.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan