First Car

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: First Car
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:06:26 -0800
All this made me think of something. In San Carlos Eddy Pardue had a used car
lot. Eddy had built a fairly famous roadster some time before. Looked like an
Indy car of the day on a '39 Merc shortened and narrowed chassis. Pretty paint
and chrome. So one day he came to our high school and got about 20 of us guys
to go to Walnut Creek and get new GoGo Mobiles and drive them to San Carlos.
Tiny cars with a 2 cylinder air cooled engine and 4 on the tree driven by 17
year old boys. What a circus. Later he got some of us to go to Watsonville and
drive back in old milk trucks. I had to stand up and drive all the way. Fun
for a kid.   RF