Re: Second Thoughts on First Car

To: Joe & Lynne Lance <jolylance@earthlink.net>, DrMayf
Subject: Re: Second Thoughts on First Car
From: Tim <timbryant44@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:00:04 -0800
I have yet to buy my own car(only 21 years old and in college), but the cars
that I have had to drive started with an 81 Chevy Luv 4x4.  Came into the
shop with the engine froze so my dad had me rebuild the engine when I was
15, and got to drive that when I turned 16.  The second car was my brother's
68 chevelle that had been sitting in our driveway for a few years.  Had to
put a new starter on it and then got to drive that.  It only had a 307 in
it, and when a motorhome came through the shop with a bad 350, I stole the
block and built my engine from that and some old parts we had in our garage.
(My uncle even scavenged a piston from a bucket behind the shop to replace
the one that had a hole punched in it)  have had to rebuild that engine
since then, and now the car sits unused, and I am driving a 2004 Kawasaki
Vulcan 750.

Tim Bryant