Re: What's in your crankcase? Part two from S S Slim

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What's in your crankcase? Part two from S S Slim
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:27:41 EST
I'd think the viscosity advantage of a synthetic alone would be enough
reason to use it. Especially because of your location "way up north". I've been
Mobil 1 fan over 30 years, cars, bikes, small engines, and  the  temperature
stable viscosity was one of the factors I found it attractive.
Cleaner,non-leaded fuels make it less of an option with today's extended oil
changes due to
less oil contimination than years ago. But I'd think your  battery/starter
would last longer with a synthetic. I also think there are big  differences in
over the counter oil filters. The widely available Fram filters  are not 10,000
mile capable, IMHO. Do a search on oil filters , and  make  your own decision.
Bob, doesn't really like oil changes anyhoo, W