Smokey Yunick

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Smokey Yunick
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:38:06 EST
My wife got me the three volume set of Smokey's books for Christmas and I
just read a part about the testing of the new Corvette in 1960 ( the  Manta-ray
type) were Smokey said the body was ass-backwards  aerodynamically. This kind
of goes along with the thread we had going for a  while. I am about half way
thru the books and they have been interesting, there  is no doubt he had his
own ways about doing things. They now have a paper back  book out that is the
same as the three set but without some of the pictures that  is a lot cheaper.
Did any body on the list have any first hand experience with  Smokey if so I
bet they could tell some stories.
Larry Mac