Re: Aero Revelations

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Aero Revelations
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:36:30 -0500
Easy there Dave , don't holler at the messenger - I'm just a curious seeker of
information wondering why what I read disagrees with what I've been told - It
makes sense that a more gradualy tapered body should be best but here is the
NACA saying no - A  66-012 with 10 deg is 38% slipperier than a 7 deg 0012 ,
both with the same width/length - A  16 deg.  66-021 is one of the lowest
drag shapes - Incidentaly 18" was a common sholder width for dragsters - Mine
was 17 1/2" and was very comfortable - John