Running the prototype

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Running the prototype
From: "J I Waldron" <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:13:37 -0500
My prototype is getting kinda close to completion.  Maybe have it all
buttoned up in about 6 weeks or so, which has generated a question.  (I'm
building a light gauge tube prototype to check out steering geometry, driver
fit (I think the roll cage is too narrow already) component placement,etc.
Will power it with either an electric motor or a small (lawn mower or go
kart) gas engine.  Just something to make it move.)  If it goes 25 MPH I'll
be surprised.

Once I have this thing ready to roll, where do I take it for some informal
check out?  There are no race or drag tracks in my area (and I'm not too
keen on paying a fee right now).

A parking lot on Sunday morning?

This thing is low and slow, open tube frame (no body - so not real visible).
Where do you take your creations for initial testing?  Maxton is my closest
venue - I might be able to twist an arm and put-put up and down the return
road?  I really don't want to wait for the next meet however.....

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Jim.