Re: Cleaning brass

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com, atrav@copper.net, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cleaning brass
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:42:21 EST
        Aron ..... Ever hear of BRASSO Brass Polish ?  During my time
in the National Guard, and later, in the Army, we all used that to keep
our buckles and Insignia " Standing Tall "   It was great for polishing
anything brass, but I think fine wire brushes and some other type of more
abrasive cleaning compound would be needed to get rid of corrosion.
                  Bruce in sunny but 8 * Connecticut ......
Not exactly like Marquette ...... but not like Phoenix, either !
PS :  Last can of BRASSO I ever bought still in my shop since 1960 ,
along with a not-quite-empty can of BRAZO brazing flux( white powder type )
that I bought when I started gas welding in 1954 .......