Non LSR -- Politically Correct Firehouse Monikers ? ---- What

To: BWANA343@aol.com, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Non LSR -- Politically Correct Firehouse Monikers ? ---- What
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:10:26 EST
  Hey Bob ....... Is this internet news item the straight scoop ?   BDF

             NYC firehouses to lose nicknames
New York City firefighters are not happy that their bosses
plan to change 31 firehouse nicknames deemed irreverent. At
Engine 8 in Midtown Manhattan -- called "Eight Ball" -- one
firefighter says the name-changing is petty.  "We do our job
in its firehouse spirit," the firefighter told the New York
Post. "Are we all going to be Disney characters pretty soon?"
After a series of episodes involving sex, drugs and alcohol
in at least two firehouses, officials reviewed all 358
nicknames, leaving firefighters expecting the removal of
certain monikers such as the "Happy Hookers," "Animal House,"
"Southern Comfort" and "House of Pain."