East Coast Weather (non LSR)

To: Land-speed@Autox.Team.Net (Landspeed)
Subject: East Coast Weather (non LSR)
From: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:53:36 +0000
Unusual was the crazy wind and low temps. An 84 mph gust was recorded down the
Cape, the temps were in the single numbers. Fortunately the low temp made for
lightweight snow that blew off trees and powerlines. The Saturday p.m. arrival
was fortunate.
Worst hit were the N.E. facing coasts where the salt spray froze to everything.
I spoke with a fellow who lives a short distance fromn the beach today; he
reported he'd never had frozen spray on all sides of his home before. Only
because he was vigilant was he able to keep his door functioning. The ice did
topple three poles on his street and he is still without power.
I think they cleared the main highway thru the Cape today. Normally they get
little snow with more moderate ocean temperatures; conversely they got "lake
effect" snow with this frigid deal, and recieved nearly 3 feet of the stuff
supposedly, wherever you could measure it.
And no thaw in sight. If it wasn't for the Patriots and the Red Sox I think
alot of us would give up.     BJ, stuck in the Bean