(Non-lsr): Oil change #$%^&*(!!

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Non-lsr): Oil change #$%^&*(!!
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:47:34 -0500
I can just imagine the conversation between the Caterpillar and
Chevrolet engineers when they were designing the C6500 that I'm
changing oil on right now:

GM:  "Where you gonna put the oil filter?"

Cat:  "About two inches in front of the right-side motor mount."

GM:  "Geez, if you move it about an inch farther forward it'll be just
perfect for us."

Cat;  "Okay, we can do that.  Why do you want the change, though?"

GM:  "Since we've got the front axle in place already, this way when
the guy tries to change the filter, no matter what he does the oil will
drip down and splash off the front axle and into his face."

Cat:  "Hey, good thinking!  We'll make the change order out today."

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)