RE: Aerodynamics

To: Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com, pork.pie@t-online.de,
Subject: RE: Aerodynamics
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:55:58 +0000
I can see it being detrimental to stability, but would think that would be
true(to some degree) concerning drag. Warner Riley thought along those lines
for his bike if I'm not mistaken, and his speeds(and those he helped get
there)are still none to easy to beat over 30 years later(not that this is
sole or even partial reasoning of his speeds). Do you think(talking strictly
about aero drag), that all the high mileage and solar powered vehicles teams
have it all wrong? Me, I don't have a clue.. I figure if I don't fly off the
bike by the time I go thru the traps, my aero's pretty good for the knowledge
I have on the subject. ;-)
TD