Re: Aerodynamics

To: <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>, <pork.pie@t-online.de>,
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:50:07 -0800
It seem intuitive that (assuming you have a smooth surface underneath),
the air would rather go under than be pushed around the sides or over
the top (as this is bound to cause higher pressure at the front end
since there is less "spill perimeter").  Of course most vehicles are not
aerodynamic underneath.  Nonetheless, some vehicles have apparently
taken the approach of purposely letting the air go under a smooth
undercarriage with some success.
And then there is the lift problem.
Benn