Re: Tire shaving

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Tire shaving
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:28:26 -0500
On Saturday, January 29, 2005, at 01:19 PM, Jim Dincau wrote:

> There is/was a tire place in Lakewood, CA that did tire shaving (I
> think
> they were a recapper), does anyone know their address?
> Jim in Palmdale

I dunno about Lakewood, CA, but Nate Jones Tire Company is on page 204
of the 2004 rulebook, and he does tire shaving and he does go to the
Salt (brought my new tire with him to SpeedWeek last year, visited with
us in the pits, is "in the groove" with LSR).  The book shows his
address as in Long Beach, but I know it's now 1837 Reservoir Drive,
Signal Hill, Calif. 90755.  Phone number is still 562 597 3369, fax is
now 562 597 3360.

He sells and shaves tires.  Don't know about recapping.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)