Re: Engineers, etc. - OT

To: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>,
Subject: Re: Engineers, etc. - OT
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:11:12 +0000
> As president of the Marquette Range Engineers Club, I think I know
> the difference:  Scientists think up stuff, engineers build it.

Oh contrare there Flash. Engineers build it on paper or simply supervise
it... Contractors BUILD it(and to make it practical in the real world... it's
usually a decent bit off of what the scientists and engineers had in mind).
Scientists, Architects, Designers and Engineers are to Contractors and
Mechanics, what Dynamometers are to the Salt Flats.... a good starting
place... but they just can't take the whole enchilada into effect. And then
there's Technicians that repair everyones deficiencies when the completed
project is put into service.
TD (Fire suit donned and multiple fire extinguishers at the ready)